Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default Problem with Excel 4 macros (I think)

So is the issue resolved, or are you still concerned about Excel 4 macros
you can't find.

Regards,
Peter T

"Chris Wilkinson" wrote in
message ...
Peter,

it was hidden. I totally forgot to check that.

"Peter T" wrote:

Another thought, do you have any Named formulas that include Excel4

macros.

Also, a workbook must always contain at least one visible sheet, even if
it's an addin or a hidden workbook. So indeed you wouldn't be able to

change
the visible property of the sole sheet in the workbook. Is the workbook
hidden, like Personal.xls (main menu, Window Unhide).

Regards,
Peter T

"Chris Wilkinson" wrote in
message ...
hi,

I have inherited a spreadsheet that was written in 'Excel 97 but when

try
to disable macros it says there are Excel 4 macros that cannot be

disabled.
Where would I find them? There are VBA modules but I cannot see any
Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro statements. How are EXcel 4 Macros

executed?

Also, the spreadsheets opens another workbook by using a defined name

called
Auto_open_logon which in turn calls a procedure in the other workbook.

(I
had
never seen this before). The other workbook looks and behaves exactly

like
an
Addin except that IsAddin is FALSE. It has one sheet which you cannot

see,
although its visible property is set to xlVisible. If you try to

change
its
visible propery, you get a runtime error. (it is not protected, I
checked).This workbook contains only forms and modules and an

unviewable
worksheet. Am I missing something? Is there an old pre-97 way of

making a
workbook an addin? Or is it a Excel 4 macro workbook - if that is

possible?
It is driving me mad trying to work out why this workbook is behaving

the
way
it does.

Can anyone help me?