Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Question: "myself" in a Class

I don't know is this is what you mean

Class1

Public test
Private mClass2 As Class2

Private Sub Class_Initialize()
test = "Testing initial class"
Set mClass2 = New Class2
mClass2.BackPointer = Me
mClass2.BackCall
End Sub

Class2

Private mBackClass As Object

Public Property Let BackPointer(ByRef Class As Object)
Set mBackClass = Class
End Property

Public Function BackCall()
MsgBox mBackClass.test
End Function

and test like so

Dim TestClass As Class1
Set TestClass = New Class1

--
HTH

Bob

"Charles" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello

I am working with classes and I have a little question: how do you
create a pointer on the object in which the procedure sits?

More precisely, I have an object A, which has a procedure that allows
to create some Objects B. This procedure gets a pointer on object B
each time it creates one. It is therefore easy to have a list of
pointer to B stored in A.

Now I would like to create a link the other way round. I would like to
store in B a pointer to object A. Ideally that would be done when I
create B in the procedure. But for that, I need in the definition of
the procedure (which sits in object A) to use a pointer on A. Is there
a sort of "myself" instruction that I can use for that?

Not sure if this is clear. Thanks in advance

Best regards
Charles