Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default "Number Formatted As Text": How To Avoid?

I'm populating a worksheet with various types of data.

A couple of columns are different types of CUSIP.

e.g.
---------------------------------------
5180 Case mFieldID_CUSIP_144a
5181 mColNum_CUSIP_144a = curCol
5182 With .Columns(curCol)
5183 .ColumnWidth = mColWid_CUSIP
5184 .NumberFormat = "@"
5189 End With

Most CUSIPs are alphameric, but a few are all numeric.

e.g. "774272207"

For those few, the populated sheet shows that little green triangle in the upper
left of the cell and clicking it pops a micro-dialog whose MouseOver presents
"The number in this cell is formatted as text or is proceeded by an apostrophe".

Is there any way for me to avoid inflicting that little chain of events on the
user?
--
PeteCresswell