Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keri keri is offline

Default Updating from internet

Sorry for posting lots of times - don't want anyone to be trying to
solve a problem for me that is no longer a problem!

I now have the code below working;

Sub THISONE()
Dim IE
Dim IPF

' Prepare to open the web page
Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

With IE
.Visible = True
.Navigate "http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/shorttaf.shtml"

' Loop until the page is fully loaded
Do Until Not .Busy
DoEvents
Loop

' Make the desired selections on the web page and click the
submitButton
Set IPF = IE.Document.all.ITEM("CCCC")
IPF.Value = "LEVC"
Set IPF = IE.Document.all.ITEM("SUBMIT")
IPF.Value = "submit"
IPF.Click

' Loop until the page is fully loaded
Do Until Not .Busy
DoEvents
Loop

End With

' Select and copy all of the data from the web page
IE.ExecWB OLECMDID_SELECTALL, OLECMDEXECOPT_DONTPROMPTUSER
IE.ExecWB OLECMDID_COPY, OLECMDEXECOPT_DODEFAULT

' Close the internet explorer application
IE.Quit
'Sheets("sheet2").Activate
Range("B25").Select
ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="Unicode Text", link:=False, _
DisplayAsIcon:=False

End Sub

However
1. The paste special errors Run Time error 1004, PasteSpecial Method
of Worksheet class failed. If I paste manually into a cell (using
paste special or just Ctrl & V it works fine)

2. I now need the code to run every 5 minutes from when it is started
until it is stopped.

3. I need to do some error handling incase there is no internet
connection. I am not sure how to word this is the code.