Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
theLuggage theLuggage is offline

Default Creating charts in non-English versions of Excel

We have a fairly sophisticated Excel AddIn that generates all sorts of Chart
types. It works fine in English versions of Excel, but not foreign langauage
versions.

We've narrowed down the problem to when we're assigning the TypeName when we
create a chart. Here's an example of three types that don't work:
ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlBuiltIn, TypeName:="Line - Column"
ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlBuiltIn, TypeName:= "Line - Column
on 2 Axes"
ActiveChart.ApplyCustomType ChartType:=xlBuiltIn, TypeName:="Lines on 2 Axes"

The issue seems to be that the TypeName is localized to the native language.
Does Excel have IDs or constants we can use? I've seen the list of
constants for the standart Chart types. But there doesn't seem to be
constants for the custom types.

Thanks in advance for your help.