Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] kylekelsch@hotmail.com is offline

Default Workbook.Range Problem

I have a workbook that when I click a button it runs a macro that
allows me to open up another workbook of my choice, then copy a
certain range in the newly opened workbook and paste it into my
workbook that ran the macro. My question is, How can I set a range in
my newly opened workbook as a variable. It works when I do it like
this.

Windows("MyNewlyOpenedWorkbook").Activate
Range("A1:A5").Select
Selection.Copy

Windows("MyWorkbookWithMacro").Activate
Range("A1:A5").Select
Selection.Paste

What I would like to be able to do is something like this:

Dim rCopyRange As Range
Dim rPasteRange As Range

Set rCopyRange = MyNewlyOpenedWorkbook.Range("A1:A5")
Set rPasteRange = Range("A1:A5")

Windows(sOpenJobFileName).Activate
rCopyRange.Select
Selection.Copy

Windows("BIDPROG9.xls").Activate
rPasteRange.Select
Selection.Paste

So again I ask. How can I name a range on my newly opened workbook?
Any input would relieve this building headache I'm working on.

Thanks