Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ufo_pilot ufo_pilot is offline

Default New Book Template

Any workbook, template (template: A workbook that you create and use as the
basis for other similar workbooks. You can create templates for workbooks and
worksheets. The default template for workbooks is called Book.xlt. The
default template for worksheets is called Sheet.xlt.), or workspace file
(workspace file: A file that saves display information about open workbooks,
so that you can later resume work with the same window sizes, print areas,
screen magnification, and display settings. A workspace file doesn't contain
the workbooks themselves.) you place in the XLStart folder is automatically
opened when you start Excel. This XLStart folder was created when you
installed Excel, and is located in one of the following places:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11
HTH

"goss" wrote:

Hi all -

I would like to create a template so that when I Ctrl+N on the
keyboard I receive a new Book with my custom configuration (Zoom,
Color Pallete, Gridlines)

I tried modifying Book1.xlt and resaving it in the same location I
found it
C:\Documents and Settings\goss\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates

I searched the PC, this is the only instance of Book1.xlt (Also ...
\goss\recent)

Using Office 11
Checked XLStart, it is empty

Unloaded all add-ins

Re-launched Excel but the standard Book1 is given, not my custom
version.
What else can I check into?
Thanks
-goss