Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default input string into a column based on the value of a cell

Sub MarkE()
Dim rng as Range, cell as Range
Columns(5).ClearContents
set rng = Range("C1",cells(rows.count,"C").End(xlup))
for each cell in rng
if application.IsNumber(cell) then
if instr(1,cell.text,"%",vbTextcompare) then
if cell.Value .70 then
cell.offset(0,2).value = "Over"
end if
end if
end if
Next
End Sub

Test this on a copy of your worksheet.

Tom Ogilvy

"BZeyger" wrote:

I ran into a problem.
I have an excel spreadsheet that has many records.
I need a macro to look up every instance of a value greater then 70% in row C.
Row C is a formula.
If it is greater then 70% then I need Row E to say "Over" in the same record.
I need this to happen after every occurance.

Can someone please help me, I am new to this forum.