Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve[_88_] Steve[_88_] is offline

Default Format to Value

On Apr 9, 8:42 am, William Horton
wrote:
Try this procedure.

Sub FilledBlack()
Dim R As Range, ER As Range
Set ER = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1:F10000 ")
For Each R In ER.Cells
If R.Interior.ColorIndex = 1 Then
R.Value = "Your Value"
End If
Next R
End Sub

Substitute whatever the range you want to check for "A1:F10000"
ColorIndex = 1 checks to see if the cell is filled black.
This will enter the value "Your Value" in all cells that are filled black.

Hope this gets you started.

Bill

" wrote:
I have an excel spreadsheet that has many columns filled black. It
looks great, but I need to replace the formatting with an actual
value, These squares are black with no value in them. Is there some
way to add a value to all squares that are black? Thanks,- Hide quoted text -

Thanks so much! You just saved me a whole day's worth of manual
editing! I knew there had to be a way to reference the formatting.--
Steve