Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Excel Macro question

Public Sub ProcessData()
Const TEST_COLUMN As String = "A" '<=== change to suit
Dim i As Long
Dim iLastRow As Long
Dim cRows As Long

With ActiveSheet

iLastRow = .Cells(.Rows.Count, TEST_COLUMN).End(xlUp).Row
For i = iLastRow To 1 Step -1
cRows = Application.CountIf(.Columns(1), .Cells(i,
TEST_COLUMN).Value)
If cRows < 4 Then
.Rows(i + 1).Resize(4 - cRows).Insert
End If
i = i - cRows + 1
Next i

End With

---
HTH

Bob

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello, I have a spreadsheet that is supposed to have four entries for
each name. More often than not, it has 1, 2, or 3. I need a macro
that will find like entries in a column, count them, and if they do
not equal four, I need enough blank rows to equal four. Is it
possible? Thanks! Example:

Have:

Doe, John
Eye, Pop