Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
michdenis michdenis is offline

Default Open a file in the same instance with ShellExecute

Thanks for your response.... but it's not working !

My goal was to be able to open a .DQY file using a vba procedure.

The submitted "sub" do the job but open the desired file in another instance of Excel.

If someone knows a way of doing it within tne same instance, I will be pleased to know it.

Thanks for your collaboration.

'API
Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias _
"ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpszOp As _
String, ByVal lpszFile As String, ByVal lpszParams As String, _
ByVal lpszDir As String, ByVal FsShowCmd As Long) As Long

Public Declare Function FindWindow Lib "user32" Alias "FindWindowA" _
(ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String) As Long

Sub ShellOpenFile()

Const SW_SHOWNORMAL = 1
Dim hwnd As Long
Dim File As String

File = "C:\Workbook2.xls"

hwnd = FindWindow(vbNullString, Application.Caption)
ShellExecute hwnd, "open", File, vbNullString, vbNullString, SW_SHOWDEFAULT

End Sub