Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
steveh steveh is offline

Default Using a worksheet as a table in an SQL query

In Access, it is easy to create a table, let a user add data to it, and
include that table in a query joined to one or more tables in a SQL
Server database.

Is it possible to do something similar with Excel, using a separate
worksheet in the same workbook instead of an Access table? If so, what
would be the basic steps? (I have no problems querying the SQL Server
database.)

I would like to create an outer join to the worksheet data. The results
would be used in a pivot table. If it matters, I'm using Excel 2003.

Thanks for looking!

Steve