Frazer

Default If and hyperlinks....

I have a hyperlink in a cell, which i need to delete based on another event....

I was hoping to do this using an IF function, or maybe conditional
formatting, but cannot work it out....

Ill show what i mean because this can be confusing

In say, cell A1, i have a hyperlink, called abc. It actually links to a
webpage say, http://www.abc.co.uk. In cell B1 i have a number, which changes
between 0 and 1

when the number 0 appears, i want the hyperlink to stay, but when it changes
to a 1 i want the hyperlink to disappear. This is because of a macro I am
trying to run...

The problem is, because the actual web page is not in the cell, when i try
to do an IF function,in cell A1, i may do =IF(B1=0, abc). I leave the false
part blank so it returns a 0. This doesnt work though, as the abc part
remains the same hyperlink, but when a 0 is returned when false, this too
stays as a hyperlink to exactly the same web page.....but i need it to be
gone completely, or at least not a hyperlink.

I have tried ways to get around this, but i cannot change the format of the
link, ie. change it to www.abc.co.uk, rather than just abc, as the macro I am
using relies heavily on this.

Thnx in advance for the help,
frazer