Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Susan Susan is offline

Default Column Width Problem

yes, i was interested - thanks for reporting the solution.
additionally, anybody who searches the newsgroup in the future & finds
your answer will greatly appreciate it, too!
susan

On Apr 6, 2:41 pm, "Greg Lovern" wrote:
In case anyone is interested, I've found the problem:

The source sheet had View Formulas turned on (Tools | Options | View |
Window Options | Formulas), which widens the columns. The destination
sheet did not have View Formulas turned on.

I hadn't noticed because that sheet didn't have any formulas. I have
no idea why View Formulas was turned on in the sample provided by the
user.

So the reason my workaround worked was because by doing a copy on the
source worksheet object into the destination workbook, I also copied
over the View Formulas setting.

Greg

On Mar 30, 4:05 pm, "Greg Lovern" wrote:

I'm trying tocopycolumnwidths from a sheet in a workbook that is to
be supplied as needed by the user, to a sheet in a new workbook
created by myExcelmacro. In the sample workbook supplied by the user
for development, I find that the destinationcolumnwidths are
visually much narrower than the sourcecolumnwidths, though thecolumnwidthnumberis the same for both.

I understand that the meaning ofcolumnwidthunits comes from the
normal font of thedefaultstyleof the workbook. But again, in both
cases that's the same --Arial10pt. (InExcel2003, I'm looking at
Format |Style| Normal | Font)

Of course, I've also made sure that zoom is the same for both too --
100%.

For now, I've worked around thisproblemby doing acopyon the
worksheet object into the new workbook, and deleting what I don't
want. That gives me the samecolumnwidths.

But I'd still like to know what could be causing the differentcolumn
widths I was seeing. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg- Hide quoted text -