Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Art Farrell Art Farrell is offline

Default Custom Filter by Daterange or Month

Hi DD,

Another way would be to enter your minimum date in a cell, say AA1,
and your max date in a second cell, AB1. Then change your macro statement
to:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" &
CDate(Range("AA1")), _
Operator:=xlAnd, Criteria2:="<=" & CDate(Range("AB1"))

CHORDially,
Art Farrell

"dd" <dd.dd wrote in message
I want to filter a column of data by a date range or month and allow the
user to enter a beginning and end date (or a month number). U using the
record macro button I have created the following macro.

Sub OPI_FilterbyTargetDate()
'
' OPI_FilterbyTargetDate Macro
' Macro recorded 05/04/2007 by Dylan D

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=22, Criteria1:="=30/04/2007",
Operator:=xlAnd
End Sub

I want to bring up the custom filter dialog box to allow the user to enter

date range.
How do I remove the text "Criteria1:="=30/04/2007"" and allow the user to
enter their own date range e.g., greater than 01-01-04 and less than
30-01-04.

Is there an easier way which will allow the users to enter the month

number?

D Dawson