Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JMay JMay is offline

Default Supressing "Do you want to save the changes you made to <file?" message

Thanks Bob, But OP says (that):

I have an Excel system that most of my users are only allowed to open

and view read-only

Just thought I'd mention.

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
:

If it is read-only, they can't save it anyway.

--

HTH

Bob

"JMay" wrote in message

But what is a change is made AND it needs to be Saved?

Wont this code (at present) close the WB, without saving such changes?

TIA,

Jim

"Norman Jones" wrote in message

:

Hi Chrisso,

Try:

'=============

Me.Saved = True

End Sub

'<<=============

---

Regards,

Norman

"Chrisso" wrote in message

oups.com...

Hi there

I have an Excel system that most of my users are only allowed to open

and view read-only.

I have volatile formulaes that mean that even when the user just views

and changes nothing when they close the file Excel asks them:

"Do you want to save the changes you made to <file?"

The problem is that this confuses the user as they now think they have

made a change.

I was hoping to suppress this message and replace with my own more

helpful message - but I got stuck at the first part:

MsgBox "Workbook_BeforeClose"

Application.DisplayAlerts = False

End Sub

Seems disabling alerts is not good enough. Does anyone know how I can

supress the above message?

Thanks for any ideas.

Chrisso