Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chrisso Chrisso is offline

Default Supressing "Do you want to save the changes you made to <file?" message

Hi there

I have an Excel system that most of my users are only allowed to open
and view read-only.

I have volatile formulaes that mean that even when the user just views
and changes nothing when they close the file Excel asks them:

"Do you want to save the changes you made to <file?"

The problem is that this confuses the user as they now think they have
made a change.

I was hoping to suppress this message and replace with my own more
helpful message - but I got stuck at the first part:

MsgBox "Workbook_BeforeClose"
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
End Sub

Seems disabling alerts is not good enough. Does anyone know how I can
supress the above message?

Thanks for any ideas.
Chrisso