Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Norman Jones Norman Jones is offline

Default Concise Way To Tell If Range Contains Any Data?

Hi Pete.

Try:

Set Rng = Range("A1:A100")

If Application.CountA(Rng) = 0 Then
MsgBox "Its empty!"
End If

---
Regards,
Norman

"PeteCresswell" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm doing validation checking on a spreadsheet whose data will be
imported into a data base if the spreadsheet's formatting and layout
look right.

On a given worksheet, once I think I've found the last row of data,
I'd like to set a .Range=(a whole bunch of cells after what I think is
the last data row) and then check to see if there are any values in
the composite of all those cells.

If there are any values, that would suggest that the worksheet's
format is wanting and I'd inform the user accordingly.

Bottom Line: If I've got a Range, is there a syntactically-simple way
to see if there's any data in it?