Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default Create Dynamic Range by all cells with the same value

Do you need to create ranges, or do you just need a count of cells that
match your criteria? Perhaps you can set up a separate range where you
enter the criteria, then use formulas to calculate the counts.
Build the charts from that range.

gwhenning wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that is created from external data. I need to be able to
create a range for all cells matching certain criteria. Not all criteria will
occur every day, and there may be one or many cells containing the same
criteria. For example, Column A contains the Date, and column B contains the
part number. There may be one part number for a given day, or none. I need to
select all cells with part number 111, irregardless of date and create a
named range called 111. I will then create a graph for each named range in my
spreadsheet.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures