Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] jamie.cutting@mouchelparkman.com is offline

Default Create New WB, Specify Parameters and Replace Selection

Hi

I have a worksheet in my workbook called database where all my sample
data is stored with the sample name in Column A and the results for
different paramenters in columns C to AB. I am struggling with trying
to write a macro that can assist the user with data input for retest
data. I am trying to do the following:

Copy a template worksheet called "Retest" and append a user defined
name to it. The user defined part needs to be the sample name from the
database worksheet so rather than enetring the name as text I wanted
to allow the user to select the cell in column A of the database
spreasheet.

The next task is to have the user select which parameter is to be
replaced from a drop down box., i.e Column C is sulphate, D is nitrate
etc so that if Nitrate needed retesting for SAMPLE F in row 16, Cell
D16 would be identified as the one that would need to be replaced with
the outcome of data entered into the "Retest-SampleName" worksheet.

Taking the example so far the user needs to be able to add retest data
for nitarte in sample F (Cell D16) of the database which is the mean
of ten retests entered in the newly created Retest-Sample F worksheet
where cell C15 =(AVERAGE(C5:C15).

Finally their needs to be a mechanism to transfer the mean of the
retest data back to database.

As a newbie to VB m heads hurting a bit at the moment.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated

Thanks

Jamie