Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ReportSmith ReportSmith is offline

Default Moving a file with VBA code

Thanks Vergel, but it didn't work either way. I'm going to attack this again
tomorrow. I think I'll just step through the code with the Locals window
open to show me where the file name is getting "stuck."

Again, thanks.

"Vergel Adriano" wrote:

Correction. By the time you get to the line of code where you rename the
file, the workbook would have already been closed and so mybook.name would
error out. It should be like this:

Name MyPath & Filename As newname

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"Vergel Adriano" wrote:

Try it this way:

Name MyPath & mybook.name AS newname

--
Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"ReportSmith" wrote:

I have some code that looks for and opens a file from location A, processes
and closes the file.

I now need to move the file from location A to location B (with the same
name). I have read up on the posts here and have looked at Excel Help and
Ron de Bruin's website (http://www.rondebruin.nl/folder.htm), but it still
doesn't work. This is what I currently have.....

MyPath = "C:\RECEIVED\"
NewPath = "C:\PROCESSED\"
..........some code to put all the files in the path (MyPath) into an
array..........
Set mybook = Workbooks.Open(MyPath & MyFiles(Fnum))
Filename = mybook.Name
newname = NewPath & Filename
..........some more code to do all the processing..........
mybook.Close savechanges:=False
Name mybook AS newname

and...no good. The file still remains in the original location and is not
moved. I have tried the above line to look like...FileCopy mybook.name,
newname and even FileCopy mybook.fullname, newname and still no good.

Any help is greatly appreciated.