Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ReportSmith ReportSmith is offline

Default Moving a file with VBA code

I have some code that looks for and opens a file from location A, processes
and closes the file.

I now need to move the file from location A to location B (with the same
name). I have read up on the posts here and have looked at Excel Help and
Ron de Bruin's website (http://www.rondebruin.nl/folder.htm), but it still
doesn't work. This is what I currently have.....

MyPath = "C:\RECEIVED\"
NewPath = "C:\PROCESSED\"
...........some code to put all the files in the path (MyPath) into an
array..........
Set mybook = Workbooks.Open(MyPath & MyFiles(Fnum))
Filename = mybook.Name
newname = NewPath & Filename
...........some more code to do all the processing..........
mybook.Close savechanges:=False
Name mybook AS newname

and...no good. The file still remains in the original location and is not
moved. I have tried the above line to look like...FileCopy mybook.name,
newname and even FileCopy mybook.fullname, newname and still no good.

Any help is greatly appreciated.