Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Brent Brent is offline

Default dll files in Excel VBA or ADO

Okay I already have it as the lazy way, but I still have to go to
Tools-References and pick A.D.O. 2.8 library. Is there a way that I don't
have to go to Tools-References and do this for each new workbook?

Brent

"Tim Williams" wrote:

'Early binding
Dim oRS as New ADODB.Recordset '(the lazy way using New)

vs

'late binding - does not require VBA Project reference to ADO library
Dim oRS as Object
set oRS = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")

--
Tim Williams
Palo Alto, CA

"Brent" wrote in message ...
Can you "#include" a dll file in an Excel routine using VBA or ADO? I am
trying to make a routine that a user can copy and paste, without any other
efforts. Right now they have to select two references for the routine to
work. I can not find the equivalent of #include for VBA/ADO. Thank you.

Brent