Dave Peterson

Formulas can't change formatting--they can only return values.

Maybe you could have a macro that copies formatting from one cell to
another--maybe even an event macro???

Suzanne Marie wrote:

My issue is that if the source data formatting is changed, the change in the
formatting isn't reflected in the referebce link on the destination worksheet.

For example: I have a link in cell A1 in Tab1 pointing to A1 in Tab2 which
starts by being a dollar amount ($1,000). If I change A1 in Tab 2 to a
percent and change it's formatting to (.50%), the link in Tab 1 stays
formatted as a dollar amount ($0.50).

How can I make the reference link match the new formatting of its source?

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you,

--
Suzanne Marie

--