Dave Peterson

Are you saying you're opening a xls file from a web link and it now opens excel
within MSInternet Explorer?

If yes, then...

How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office
Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059

Maxwell-5000 wrote:

Hello,

I have an issue with Excel 2002.

In the past (excel 2000) I used to download data from a customer site
in excel.

Normally when I downloaded the data, it would just go into excel.
NOW when I download from Excel 2002, it downloads into the excel web
version.

This is extremely cumbersome to cut, paste into a normal excel
spreadsheet.

Is there a way I can have the data download into a regular excel
spreadsheet and bypass the excel web download version?

Please help

--
Maxwell-5000
Maxwell-5000's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26056