Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] professorplum101@gmail.com is offline

Default AutoUpdate/Recalc of Dependant Data Validation Lists??

Can anyone give me insight into how I might be able to get Excel to
recalc or update a validation list that is dependant on a different
one? Currently, I have a primary list and a secondary list. The
secondary is using the indirect function to refer to the primary. The
problem is that when the primary is changed, the secondary stays on an
option that is not current until you actually click on the dropdown,
at which point it only shows options from the updated primary. I
would at least like to be able to write a script or modify a function
so that the secondary blanks out if the primary is changed at any
point. I've tried writing a UDF using a case select, which
appropriately updates when the dependant cell changes, but the data
validation allow formula gives me a "A named range you specified does
not exist" error. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Brian