Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
VBA = Fun VBA = Fun is offline

Default Macro call from custom button opens old file

I have created several macros in a spreadsheet that work fine on my computer.
They also work fine on several other collegues computers, but one collegue
has trouble when he saves the file after I e-mail it to him. The VBA code
that I wrote no longer works on his computer because the button still seems
to contain a reference to the file name that I created the macro under. So,
when he opens the file, it opens the old excel file that I sent to him first
and the macro does not function properly. Here is the sequence of events.
He opens the file (his macro security is set to Medium, so he has to choose
the "enable Macros" option. When he presses the button in question, Excel
asks him to "enable Macros" again and attempts to open another file (of the
same name as what I sent to him). I am not sure that I am adequately
describing the problem. I would be glad to provide more info if someone will
try to help. Thank you in advance.