Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
MarkC MarkC is offline

Default Macro to open a word document from excel

The actual spreadsheet is an advice note register for deliveries, depending
on if they select Y or N, the marco will open the correct form to fill in as
we have incendences of people completing/saving the incorrect form. This just
makes the decison for them.

thank you for your help.
"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Set oWordApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
If Range("H1").Value = "Y" Then
Set oDoc = oWordApp.Documents.Open("C:\personal\bob\doc1.doc" )
Else
Set oDoc = oWordApp.Documents.Open("C:\personal\jim\another.d oc")
End If
'do something
Set oDoc = Nothing
oWordApp.Quit
Set oWordApp = Nothing

If your VBA is non-existent, what will you do with the doc when it is
opened?

--
HTH

Bob

"MarkC" wrote in message
Hi, my VBA knowledge is non existent!! How do I do that ?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Just change the logic to do the test before the documents open in a
simple
If ... Else test.

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"MarkC" wrote in message
How does this work if there is a N in the column, as that will have to
open
the other word doc...sorry should have explained this more...Thanks for
the
reply.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

If Range("H1").Value = "Y" Then
Set oWordApp = CreateObject("Word.Application")
Set oDoc = oWordApp.Documents.Open("C:\personal\bob\doc1.doc" )
'do something
Set oDoc = Nothing
oWordApp.Quit
Set oWordApp = Nothing

HTH

Bob

addy)

"MarkC" wrote in message
Can anyone help please,I am looking for a macro that will open a
word
template based upon a 'Y' or 'N' answer in an excel column (column
G).

Can this be done?