Dave Peterson

You have long text in that link--over 255 characters.

That's the way excel works. You'll have to open the "sending" workbook to get
all the characters.

===
Can you split the cell in that "sending" workbook (no more than 255 characters
each) and retrieve it in pieces?

Sonnie wrote:

I have links in my workbook to a field (containing text) in another excel
workbook. If both my destination and source files are both open - the link
works. If only my destination file is open, I only get part of the value of
the linked field. (I'm running Excel 2003). Any suggestions on how I can
have this link function properly, without having to have both workbooks open?

--

Dave Peterson