Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Matt Williamson Matt Williamson is offline

Default function to convert Printer share name to ActivePrinter string

I'm trying to figure out a way to convert the sharename of a network printer
to the format that ActivePrinter.PrintOut needs so I can specify which
printer to use. I've recored changing to the printer in question and it
shows up as "HP LaserJet 4050 series PCL6 on Ne05:" but I have no idea how
to determine this programatically. I'd much rather just specify the UNC path
and printer sharename. I found this http://tinyurl.com/2ovpms function that
does it for 2k+, but I still need it to work under 97 for a few months. Any
suggestions appreciated.

TIA

Matt