Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Macro Error When It Can't Find Value

Give this a try...

dim rngToConvert as range

on error resume next
set rngToConvert = Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues)
on error goto 0

if not rngtoconvert is nothing then
For Each cell In rngToConvert
s = Trim(cell)
If IsNumeric(s) Then
cell.Value = CDbl(s)
End If
Next
end if
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"tedd13" wrote:

I am using the following code to move the negative sign from the back of a
number to the front of the number:
For Each cell In Selection.SpecialCells(xlConstants, xlTextValues)
s = Trim(cell)
If IsNumeric(s) Then
cell.Value = CDbl(s)
End If
Next
This code works when there is a negative in the column. However, it does
not work when it can't find a negative. It gives me a "Run-time error
'1004': No cells were found".
Does anyone know how to code this so that the macro keeps going and dosn't
error out?
Thanks