Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
joel joel is offline

Default Data Grouping

tammy: Not sure what you mean by group the contacts. If you run a learn
macro while you are doing the manual operation then it would be easier to see
what you want to do.

I'm not sure if you are just doing some sorts or a lot of cuts and pastes.
Sample of the spreadsheet columns would also be useful. Look at other
postings to get ideas.

1) Before processing the spreadsheet go to tools Menu - Macros -Record new
macro. Press Ok in the Pop Up window.
2) Do you manual operations
3) Stop Recording in the Tools Menu - Macro - Stop Recording
4) Copy macro by going again into Tools Menu - Macro - Visual Basic Editor.
If code is not visible double click on Module - Module 1 in the VBA Project
window.
5) Paste macro on this web page.

"Tammy" wrote:

Hi,

I work in an environment where we use mailshots for our marketing. We
normally receive an Excel spreadsheet from our contacts supplier with +- 50
000 records in them. I then use this spreadsheet to group the contacts into
their applicable mailshot group according to their designation. I would like
to automate this process as I'm currently doing it manually.

I'm unfortunately not a programmer and need some help on this. Any ideas?

Thanks