Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Halim Halim is offline

Default Newbie, I dont want macro to reference worksheet name

It means you can not use special name of :
Cell, Sheet, Workbook but you have to set a variable for them in order to
use them unabsolute, just like:

Set Wk = ActiveSheet or Set Wk = Sheets("sheetname") etc...

Halim

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

ActiveWorkbook
ActiveSheet
ActiveCell

Make the required edits to get rid of hard-coded references.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:24:02 -0700, Michael

wrote:

2007 Excel, I am trying to create macros by recording my actions but when
do they dont work cause the name of the worksheet is different. Tried the
relative reference but doesnt help. Tried deleting the reference out of
macro
but doesnt work. Just want generic macro that will work on any file name
and
any worksheet name. Ex. even to sort when you select the page in upper
left.