Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Carl Hartness[_2_] Carl Hartness[_2_] is offline

Default Switching workbooks before close

When closing one of several open files, I am trying to pick which file
is active after the close, by activating it from code. I've tried
Workbooks(index%).Activate in both Workbook_BeforeClose and
Workbook_Deactivate which follows it. Since ThisWorkbook is a class
module, I also tried to putting Workbooks(index%).Activate in a sub in
a regular module. Application.ScreenUpdating is True. What is
blocking workbook activate?