Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David David is offline

Default Counting occurrences of textString in variant array

Hi,
I'm summarising the contents of a range in a report. Each cell in the range
contains text or is empty. I've loaded the range into a variant array, then
looped thro the array and loaded a NewCollection using the .Add [Key'] arg to
eliminate duplicates. I would now like to loop thro the NewCollection and
count occurrences of each string in the array. What is the neatest way to do
this?
My code:
MyArray = Sheets("MySheet").Range("rng").Value
'// Load Array into collection, eliminate dupes
For r = 1 To UBound(MyArray, 1)
For c = 1 To UBound(MyArray, 2)
If Not IsEmpty(MyArray(r, c)) Then
On Error Resume Next
myCollection.Add MyArray(r, c), "Key " & MyArray(r, c)
On Error GoTo 0
End If
Next
Next