Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default Re-post

George,
As others have stated, it is rather confusing to the user (and unusual
Windows design) to offer options that are not valid. If these are some kind
of separator, then maybe a change of design (option/check boxes) would be
more appropriate.
However, I would use a combobox from the Controls Tools box and then you can
use it's properties (.ListIndex etc) to see what was selected and reset if
required.

NickHK

"George" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi, All:

I have a Form Combo Box which has 5 options. The default option is
either Option1, Option2 or Option 5.

If the user switches between those 3 options, we do NOT need to do
anything. However, if the user wants to
switch from the default option (1, 2 or 5) to EITHER Option 3 OR
Option4, I will need a warning message "This is for decoration ONLY.
Please DO NOT attempt to select this. Thanks,". Then the user will
click "Ok" and
the option stays as the previous one.

Any help will be highly appeciated!

Thanks,