Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Vergel Adriano Vergel Adriano is offline

Default Updateing a workbook from another workbood

Robert,

The code below will open a workbook, put "Hello, World" in cell A1 of
Sheet1, then save and close the workbook.

Sub test()
Dim wb As Workbook
Set wb = Application.Workbooks.Open("D:\test.xls")
wb.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = "Hello, World"
wb.Close True
Set wb = Nothing

Hope that helps.

Vergel Adriano

"Robert" wrote:

I need to open a workbook, update a worksheet, and close the workbook all
from a different workbook. I have tried several approaches and have not been
successful. Can someon please point me to an article or source code to
accomplishe this?

Many Thanks,
--
Robert Hill