Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ed Ed is offline

Default Got a Class, got a wb - now what??

In a previous post (he http://tinyurl.com/26ucf3), Doug Glancy
helped me tremendously. I want to run a series of macros on every new
and opened workbook. Doug gave me instructions on how to set up a
Class module and globally capture the New and Open events.

In the Class module, I have

Public WithEvents App As Application
Private Sub App_WorkbookOpen(ByVal wb As Workbook)
MsgBox "Somewhere, a workbook has opened"
End Sub

so "wb" is the object I want to deal with. That much I have figured
out!

What I don't know is how to use "wb" in another macro to do things to
the workbook. I could just put a whole macro code right there in the
class module. But for some reason I keep thinking that's not how I
should do it. I could be very wrong, but I thought I ought to ask
first. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ed