Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael D. Reed Michael D. Reed is offline

Default Excel Automation Add-In does not show up in Function Dialog bo

Wei Lu
Yes I typed the name of the function in directly and I get a #NAME? error
The first article did not help because Excel does not fail. The second
article "Excel COM add-ins and Automation add-ins" was helpful but dated. I
used two books:
"Microsoft .NET Development for Microsoft Offrice" by Andrew Whitechaple
Microsoft press
"Visual Studio Tools for Office Usnig Visual basic 2005 with Excel, Word,
Outlook, and InfoPath" by Eric Carter and Eric Lippert, Addison Wesley
I would recommend both
Following the instructions explicitly in both, to build add-ins and as I
said they work just find on the development computer. However, when moved to
a computer with out the development environment they appear as an Automated
Add-in yet do not show in the insert function dialog box of Excel.
I am at a loss of where to look next.

Mike Reed

"Wei Lu [MSFT]" wrote:

Hello Mike,

I would like to know whether you have loaded the Add-in and if you type the
function in your cell, did the function works?

Please let me know whether these KB article is helpful

Excel fails when Automation add-In loads
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284876/

Excel COM add-ins and Automation add-ins
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291392

Sincerely,

Wei Lu

Microsoft Online Community Support