Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ReportSmith ReportSmith is offline

Default VB for Summarizing Sheets (3D cell refernces)

This should be pretty easy (maybe tedious, but easy), but I've been under the
gun and can't see straight any more.

I've created a workbook with multiple worksheets (from 1 to whatever) of
variable sizes (number of rows/cells with pertinent data in them). I would
now like to send the workbook out and after the receiver inputs the data and
returns the workbook, I will place the necessary cells in a summary sheet
(which I will later import to Access).

I can get the number of worksheets in the workbook (numsheets =
Worksheets.Count). Now I need to get a count of rows based on if there is
something in the first column (pre-created "row headers"). I'll use the
results as parameters in a loop (For..Next or While) to pull the information
from the individual worksheets. I will need to use some offsets from the
first column (just 1 column to the right of the "row header") to pull the
data in those cells.

If this were for 1 or 2 workbooks, I'd just do it manually, but it's for "a
lot" more. Any pointers in the right direction are greatly appreciated.