Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Olly Olly is offline

Default Insert bold, 26pt * at end of cell

This would work:

If Target.Column = 7 Then
If Target.Value = "b" Then
Cells(Target.Row, 6).Value = Cells(Target.Row, 6).Value & " *"
With Cells(Target.Row, 6).Characters(Start:=Len(Cells(Target.Row,
6)), Length:=1).Font
.FontStyle = "Bold"
.Size = 26
End With
Target.Delete

Olly

wrote in message
oups.com...
Our Home Depot account rep does a database query to get all plants
listed as 1A quality for the weekly availability. If they are
blooming, she'll put a Bold, 26pt * at the end of the text within the
cell. She has to type this in each and every time, change it to bold
and 26pt. I need a way for her to type in something simple in the
adjacent column, run a macro, and it put the bold, 26pt * at the end
of the text. Let's just say that the plants are listed in Column F and
she wants to type in a "b" in column G. What would the macro look like
to see the "b", throw the asterik at the end of the cell in Column F,
and then clear contents of the cell in G?