Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
michaelberrier michaelberrier is offline

Default SUMIF of adjacent variable cells

There are several lists of items in the range D3:F31. In the same
range, beside the items are quantities, like so

5 Bags
3 Boxes
2 Carts etc,

Many of the items are duplicated throughout the multiple lists, so I'd
like a total quantity of each item. I've copied all the items to a
master list, but I'm stumped on the function to pull the individual
values out of each list for each item...I'm guessing it's a SUMIF, but
I'm not sure how to make it work.

Thanks in advance.