Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
navin navin is offline

Default Positionin charts

Thanks for the reply.

I am sorry that i didnt mention that, the sheet also has some data
from col A to D and from Column F to M.

so dargged the size of col E and positioned all the charts in that
with height of 253 and width of 386. so i thought of just adding the
top value of the first chart to the height which will give me the top
value for my next chart but this is not working.

can you tell me as how to adjust all the charts in the column E (row 1
to 97). Thanks for helping.

Regards,
Navin

Bernie Deitrick wrote:
Navin,

Assuming that the only shapes that you have on the activesheet are the 15 charts, try the macro
below. See the in-line comments for use of the variables.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

Sub SpaceOutCharts()
Dim i As Integer
Dim j As Integer
Dim NumRow As Integer
Dim NumCol As Integer

Dim FirstRow As Integer
Dim FirstCol As Integer

Dim RowInc As Integer
Dim ColInc As Integer

'Specify 5 rows by 3 columns of charts
NumRow = 5
NumCol = 3

'Specify the cell for the first chart - C6 in this example
FirstRow = 6
FirstCol = 3

'Specify the spacing of the charts - these depend on your
'chart size and column width and row height - trial and error....
RowInc = 10
ColInc = 5

For i = 0 To NumRow - 1
For j = 0 To NumCol - 1
With ActiveSheet.Shapes(j * NumRow + i + 1)
.Left = Cells(i * RowInc + FirstRow, j * ColInc + FirstCol).Left
.Top = Cells(i * RowInc + FirstRow, j * ColInc + FirstCol).Top
End With
Next j
Next i

End Sub

"navin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi All,

I have 15 charts in a sheet. I want to place these charts in a way
that the sheet contains, 3 charts in a row (i.e) total five columns.

any ideas how to achieve this.

thanks,
navin