Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
StargateFanFromWork[_4_] StargateFanFromWork[_4_] is offline

Default Focus is on wrong sheet after opening.

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi

You could prevent the flicker with
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("the sheet to view on opening here").select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
end sub

[snip]

After applying the above to the workbook, I still had that awful flicker.
Then it occurred to me (d'uh) to look at the rest of the code. I'm no vb
expert of course but I've created so many XL2K workbooks now with floating
toolbars that I'm more or less familiar with what elements should be there.
In the This Workbook module (correct word?), I had a count sheets code in.
I can't remember which workbook needed this but one did. Removed all that
extra stuff and the flickering stopped on its own. Crazy, huh? But I
managed to figure this out on my own, so I'm feeling pretty smug <lol.

Nevertheless, all this code is going into my Tips folder. It'll come in
handy at some point, I know.

Thanks once again for everyone's help. Much appreciated. :oD