Wildcard

Can you explain that further? I couldn't get anything to work in the
find/replace feature.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

After import you could try EditReplace

what: ALT + 0010(or 0013).....use the numpad to enter the 0010

with: nothing

Replace all.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:19:05 -0700, "Wildcard"
wrote:

I tried it, but it doesn't work. That little box represents a line break
from the original datasource that keep the data in the same field, but
separated it by a line break (maybe the user hit return in between words or
sentences). Do you think there is a way to get rid of that?

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Try this: Select the cells in question, go to the Format menu,
choose Cells, then the Alignment tab. There, check the "Wrap
Text".

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Wildcard" wrote in message
Seems like that was too easy for you. And it worked, too.
Thanks. How
about this one...The data is coming from another database
pulled with an ODBC
connection. The cell shows that Excel merged the data into one
cell (in the
other app, someone hit 'enter' to break the data on two lines).
Excel shows
it in one cell but with a, for lack of a better term, and small
box in
between the two words. I want to keep it in one cell, but get
rid of that
little box. Do you know how to do that? Does that even make
sense?

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Precede the * with a ~, e.g., ~*

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

"Wildcard" wrote in
message
I have data in a the workbook that contains an asterik in it.
want to
clear that character and leave the remaining ones (or
replace
it with
something). But a * is considered a wildcard character that
signals Excel to
grab everything. How do I find and replace just that?