DaveB

I actually just red your question again and think I mis-understood it, if you
were looking to determine which values are duplicates, and not just how many
total you have in your range, you could use this:

Assume your ticket numbers are in the range A1:A5000. Put this code in B1
and copy down to the end:

=IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A$5000,A1)1,"Duplicate","Not Duplicate")

Does that help?

DaveB

"DaveB" wrote:

Assume your ticket numbers are in the range A1:D1000, this formula will
output a single number to tell you how many duplicates there are located
within that range:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(IF(COUNTIF(A1:D1000,A1:D1000)1,1,0)))

This is an array formula so you will need to use ctrl+shift+enter to enter
it in.

DaveB

"wonkywombat" wrote:

i have about 5000 numbers(ticket numbers) in block of cells , and i need to
find out if any numbers are duplicated with another in any of the other cells.
how do i go about this?