Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
RJR[_2_] RJR[_2_] is offline

Default Compile error, Variable not defined

You guys and girls are great, thank you so much
Bob

"RJR" wrote in message
.. .
I have this code in a file that searches an entire form and is activated to
print preview a file. When it works, it stops printing row at the last
entry in the sheet. I get the Compile error, Variable not defined when I
fire the macro and it appears at the "For Each "cell" .............
I need it to count rows with data in the first column and then when it
comes to the end, to send the document to the printer with only the rows
with data showing.. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sub findlastrow()
Dim lastrow As Long
Dim r As Range
lastrow = 1
For Each cell In Range(Cells(1, "A"), Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp))
If Trim(cell.Text) < "" Then
lastrow = cell.Row
End If
Next
Set r = ActiveSheet.Range("A1:M" & lastrow)
r.PrintPreview
' or
'Activesheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = r.address(external:=true)
'Activesheet.Printout
End Sub