Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
matt matt is offline

Default Subtotal check in Excel 2000 VBA

On Mar 22, 2:19 pm, "Larry D" wrote:
I am using Excel 2000 with Microsoft Windows 2000.

I would like to check one of the spreadsheets in vba to see
if it has subtotals.

How do I do it?

I'm assuming the Excel spreadsheet has a SUBTOTAL formula in it. If
this is the case you could look up the "Find" function in VBE and read
the parameters that are available to "Find."

As a result, you could do a find with the "FindWhat" as "SUBTOTAL" and
the "FindIn" parameter as xlFormulas.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what you mean by "...see if it has subtotals."

Matt