Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default check boxes + autofilter - is it possible?

Check your other post for an alternative suggestion.

Dirk Diggler wrote:

hello,

I'd like to use Excel in automation mode to create a worksheet in which
consecutive columns of a row contain 1) a checkbox and 2) a label. I am
a beginner in this subject and all I have done so far is only filling "a
label" column using a code similar to:

oE = new ActiveXObject('Excel.Application');
oW = oE.Workbooks.Add();
oW.Activate();
for(i=1;i<n;i++) {
..
oW.Worksheets(1).Cells(i,2).value = Label(i);
..
}

I have two questions:
1) Is it possible "to link" a check box with appropriate "label" cell
within the same row, in a way which allows to use autofilter on "label"
column, and which make "linked" check box to disappear as label is
filtered out, and appear again when a label is not filtered?

2) Is it possible to do this with VBA or JScript, and how?

I would greatly appreciate your help and suggestions. Any
link/example/www resource/tutorial would be very helpful.

thanks,
DD.

--

Dave Peterson