DaveB

Try taking out the AND() statement, you don't need it because you are
multiplying each boolean expression in your formula. Then, the only time you
will get a TRUE statement is if each ISNUMBER() returns TRUE. For example:

TRUE*TRUE = TRUE
TRUE*FALSE = FALSE
FALSE*FALSE = FALSE

DavidB

"Emmie99" wrote:

I am trying to create a formula as follows:
Cell B2: should read "Plant"
Cell B3: should not contain word "Fines"

Managed to create a formula that gives me the right output when both are
conditions are met, though having problem reversing the false into true for
Cell B3
Formula created is as follows:
IF(AND(ISNUMBER(FIND("Plant",B2))*ISNUMBER(SEARCH( "Fines",B3))),"Include","N/A")

Where do I go wrong?
Thanks a lot!